To begin your culinary business you must be prepared to commit significant amount of time in researching and evaluating your idea.  You will need to know what are your legal and state requirements on all levels of the governmental authorities.  These along with health and environmental departments demands are required before you can even explore your business.


Fortunately, we have already done all the necessary research and collected all the governmental and legal requirements along with your licensing and certifications information.  A process that is not only confusing but in many cases mis informative.


Accordingly, all these information is explained and further provided to you during your initial meeting with the kitchen management.  This is by far your best time and money invested.  Once you have met with us you will have a much better understanding of your directions as a culinary and food entrepreneur.

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services


1. Full application and executed membership agreement: We are a membership kitchen. We provide a high standard facility and expect the same standards from our Artisan members. An initial Membership fee of $240.00 will allow you to use the kitchen; which will also satisfy your State commissary requirements.


2. Certificate of Liability insurance with Commercial Kitchen 365 as additional insured: A minimum of 1MIL General / product Liability is required. Coverage can be obtained through No one without the proper coverage will be allowed to operate from the kitchen, under any circumstances. Furthermore, we will require the policy to be in force as long as you are operating from the kitchen with a copy of every renewal forwarded to us upon renewal of policy.


3. Copy of your Food Safety Management or Handler Certificate: The kitchen is associated with a food safety school to train and test our members at the kitchen for this program. You may also secure this certificate online.


4. Copy of DBPR or FDACS Food vendor License: Once you have become member of the kitchen your State license is processed and associated directly with our kitchen.


5. Copy of corporate paper if incorporated or LLC and Federal Tax EIN or Social Security: You are not required to be incorporated in order to have and operate a food business.


6. Copy of Florida Department of Revenue resale exemption : Normally if you are going to sell a finished product you are required to collect sales tax. Therefore, you must be registered once you are ready to commence your business operation


7. Copy of Business Certificate license both City and County: Once you have secured your State food license you will be required to obtain your Business Tax or occupational license from the city and county you operate your business from.


8. A valid credit card signed authorization form as security: You will need to have a valid credit card authorization on file
in order to operate out of our kitchen.


9. Signed copy of the policy and procedure guidelines: In order for us to open our kitchen to everyone, all our members
must observe and attain to our policy and procedures guidelines


10. Full payment of minimum deposit requirements (normally long term users): For the daily users the kitchen requires a deposit equal to the charge for one month use. This deposit will remain on hold until such time the artisan decides to terminate the kitchen use agreement or it has been applied to any damaged or overuse. Deposit must remain equal to the amount required at all time. Unused deposit will be applied to last month usage.


11. Full payment of the minimum chosen working hours: A minimum of 10 hours must be purchase with your Membership. You may choose a more convenient package of 30 hours; which will not expire for 3 months. You will be able to purchase additional blocks of hours as you need them.



NOTICE: If you DO NOT sell food to the public directly or indirectly many requirements may not apply.
For those of you that are either licensing and permitting challenged or simply do not have enough time to deal with the aggravation, The kitchen will facilitate for a minimum of $300.00 the preparation of all the State applications and requirements including all city and county licenses and requirements. Government fees are separate.

General Requirements for All Mobile Food Establishments, Caterers, Bakers, and ALL Food Vendors


  • Must have an agreement with a commissary and be capable of visiting commissary with each day of operation.
  • Must only provide food products that are wholesome and safe for human consumption.
  • Allows no bare hand contact with ready to eat foods.
  • No homemade food items of any kind shall be provided. Food products must be from approved sources such as an inspected and permitted food establishment.
  • Food products and supplies must be stored at approved commissaries and not in private residences.
  • All mobile food establishments, caterers, bakers, and food vendors are to have a written agreement with a commissary using the form titled Commissary Letter of Agreement. The Commissary Letter of Agreement is to be submitted with the permit application form. Permit approval is contingent upon verification of an approved commissary facility.
  • After the mobile food establishment, caterer, baker, food vendors permit is issued the Commissary Letter of Agreement is to be completed and signed by the mobile food establishment owner and the owner of the commissary on an
    annual basis. Mobile food establishments are to have Commissary Letter of Agreements and permits available for FDACS food inspectors during inspections.
  • Commissaries must be visited by the mobile food establishment, caterers, bakers or food vendors at least once within each day of operation by the mobile food establishment, caterer, baker or food vendor. A mobile food establishment must have more than one approved commissary for each time it operates in a location where it cannot visit its primary commissary once a day during operation.
  • Mobile food establishments or food vendors that process/prepare food at a commissary must obtain a food permit from FDACS (in addition to a mobile food establishment permit) to cover the processing/preparing of food at the
    commissary. Processing/preparing food includes combining food ingredients, heating/cooking food, cutting/slicing of food, and repackaging of bulk foods or similar operations.
  • FDACS permitted food establishments or commercial kitchens, that have a commissary agreement with a mobile food Establishment, caterer, baker or food vendor should maintain a daily registry of the services provided to the mobile food establishment and the kitchen time used by the caterer, baker or food vendor during their time of operation. Permitted food establishments or commercial kitchen are to have the daily registry of kitchen use available for FDACS food inspectors during inspection.
  • A catering license is not transferable from one location to another. The caterer must apply for a new license